Would you like to lead dives and dive trips; take certified divers on vacations to the world’s best dive sites? Many Divemasters are employed full-time or work independently supervising certified divers during club, store, resort or charter tour and travel activities. As a NAUI Divemaster you enjoy again and again adventures to which you introduce your clients. Another option leading to NAUI Instructor qualification.
The NAUI Divemaster rating is the highest NAUI leadership-level certification with the exception of Instructor. The program is designed to train experienced and knowledgeable divers to organize and conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers.
Qualifications of Graduates
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct dives for certified divers if the diving activities and locale approximate those in which the Divemaster is trained. Additional training, knowledge or experience is necessary for the Divemaster who desires to organize highly specialized activities, such as wreck penetration, cavern or ice dives or enter a new locale.
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct NAUI Recognition (such as International Diver) and Experience Programs (such as Stingray Experience) and award appropriate recognition materials to participants.
- An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to assist an active-status NAUI Instructor in diving courses.
- If all other prerequisites are met, a current NAUI Divemaster is qualified to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC). [Attending a NAUI Instructor Preparatory Program (PREP) and NAUI Assistant Instructor certification are recommended prior to attending an ITC.]
Prerequisites for Entering the Course
- General – Meet the requirements applying to all Leadership courses. (See “Policies Applying to Leadership Courses.”)
- Materials – (See current guide to NAUI membership.)
- Diver Certification – The preferred minimum certification level is NAUI Assistant Instructor. Individuals not possessing the preferred certification may be accepted for training only if they meet the following criteria:
- Certification – Certification as NAUI Master Scuba Diver and NAUI Scuba Rescue Diver or their equivalent. Divers with evidence of equivalent training and experience may be enrolled provided they pass the NAUI Master Scuba Diver written examination with a minimum score of 75%.
- Experience – Documentation of diving experience with a minimum of 60 logged open water dives. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth and activities.
- Waterskills – Ability equivalent to that of a NAUI Assistant Instructor. Skills from the Assistant Instructor standards shall be evaluated if the candidate is not already certified as a NAUI Assistant Instructor
Contact us for more information!